Paleotized Mocha Caramel Frappuccino
Cut most of the sugars out of Starbucks’s Salted Mocha Caramel Frappuccino by making your own vegan, paleotized version of this energizing and refreshing drink at home! ☕️
Servings: 1 Tall drink
Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce Ingredients
- One 13.5 ounce can full-fat coconut cream
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon melted Signature Dark chocolate
- 4-5 ice cubes
- ¼ cup strong coffee cooled
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup salted caramel sauce plus 2 tablespoons for bottom of the glass and drizzle (see above)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon Cocowhip topping
For the Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce
- Combine the coconut cream, coconut sugar and salt in a saucepan.
- Whisk frequently over medium-high heat until you reach a boil.
- Once it boils, reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring frequently until the caramel becomes darker brown and thickens to a syrupy texture.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the coconut oil and vanilla extract. Set aside.
For the Frappuccino
- Swirl melted dark chocolate into a tall glass so that it coats the glass (this is for decoration purposes).
- Then pour 2 tablespoons of salted caramel sauce into the bottom of the glass.
- Using a blender, mix the ice cubes, coffee, milk, caramel sauce, and cocoa powder for about 30 seconds or until the ice is completely crushed.
- Pour the frappuccino into your glass. Top with Cocowhip topping and a drizzle of caramel sauce.
Serving Size 1 Tall drink
Servings Per Container 1
Amount Per Serving
Calories 294 Calories from Fat 207
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23g 35%
Saturated Fat 18g 90%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 285mg 12%
Total Carbohydrate 22g 7%
Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
Protein 2g 4%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.