Cut most of the sugars out of Starbucks’s Salted Mocha Caramel Frappuccino by making your own vegan, paleo version of this energizing and refreshing drink at home! ☕️
Paleo/Vegan Salted Mocha Caramel Frappuccino(Starbucks Copycat)
There’s a lot of things we like about Starbucks, such as the coffeehouse aesthetic, the jazz music playing, and of course, the drinks. Sometimes though you just don’t have the time or energy to go to one of the thousands of locations Starbucks has around the globe.
While we can’t directly recreate the coffeehouse aesthetic for you, we can give you a Salted Caramel Mocha Frappuccino recipe that’s both Paleo and vegan-friendly! Plus, it has just 12 ingredients, which may sound like a lot, but it really isn’t, considering a typical Frappuccino might have dozens of ingredients in total. As for jazz music, you have Spotify or Apple Music, don’t you? 😉
The Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce
To start off, combine the coconut cream, coconut sugar, and salt in a saucepan until everything’s mixed well. Frequently whisk everything over medium-high heat until it boils. Then reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes.
Give the sauce a good stir every 5 minutes until the caramel turns a darker brown and thickens to a syrupy texture.
Remove the sauce from the heat. Stir in the coconut oil and vanilla extract.
For a little decoration, swirl the melted dark chocolate into a tall glass to coat it. Next, pour 2 tablespoons of the homemade salted caramel sauce into the bottom of the glass.
In a blender, place the ice cubes, coffee, coconut milk, an additional ¼ cup of caramel sauce, and cocoa powder. Blend for about 30 seconds or until the ice is completely crushed.
Pour the blended frappuccino into your glass and top with Cocowhip and drizzle with the salted caramel sauce.
Now you can enjoy your coffeehouse-quality beverage made in the comfort of your own home!
- You can sub espresso in for strong coffee
Paleo/Vegan Salted Mocha Caramel Frappuccino (Starbucks Copycat)
Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce Ingredients
- One 13.5 ounce can full-fat coconut cream
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon melted Signature Dark chocolate
- 4-5 ice cubes
- ¼ cup strong coffee cooled
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup salted caramel sauce plus 2 tablespoons for bottom of the glass and drizzle (see above)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon Cocowhip topping
For the Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce
- Combine the coconut cream, coconut sugar and salt in a saucepan.
- Whisk frequently over medium-high heat until you reach a boil.
- Once it boils, reduce heat and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring frequently until the caramel becomes darker brown and thickens to a syrupy texture.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the coconut oil and vanilla extract. Set aside.
For the Frappuccino
- Swirl melted dark chocolate into a tall glass so that it coats the glass (this is for decoration purposes).
- Then pour 2 tablespoons of salted caramel sauce into the bottom of the glass.
- Using a blender, mix the ice cubes, coffee, milk, caramel sauce, and cocoa powder for about 30 seconds or until the ice is completely crushed.
- Pour the frappuccino into your glass. Top with Cocowhip topping and a drizzle of caramel sauce.