Peppermint Fudge Cups
These cups are a holiday dream! One bite and you might need to hide these from yourself (self control out the window) because they are insanely tasty!
Servings: 6 cups
- ½ cup dark primal chocolate melted(about 5oz)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- ⅛ tsp peppermint oil a small amount goes a long way
- 2 tbsp cold coffee--optional* this gives it a mocha flavor
- Pinch of salt
- 1 crushed candy cane--optional*
- Chocolate Cup Ingredients:
- 1 ½ cup dark primal chocolate melted
- In medium size bowl with a rubber spatula, mix together chocolate and maple syrup, this will thicken up a bit.
- Mix in cocoa powder and coconut oil, ensuring all lumps of powder are gone.
- Add rest of ingredients and mix again. This should be a thick, even mixture.
- Set aside while preparing chocolate cups.
Chocolate Cup Instructions:
- Take a wax lined cupcake liner OR silicone cupcake liner(this one works best and can be reused!) and spoon 2 tablespoons of melted primal chocolate into bottom.Swirl around, covering the entire cavity of the cupcake liner. Turn cup over and shake out any excess chocolate that might “pool” on the bottom. Turn right side up again, and place on a flat surface and transfer to fridge to set up.
- Pack 2 tbsp of the fudge mixture into the bottom of the chocolate cup(with the liner still on), lightly packing it down.
- Pour another tbsp of chocolate over the top, spread to the sides, and place back in fridge for at least twenty minutes.
- Pull out of fridge, peel back wrapper and enjoy!
Serving Size 1/2 cup
Servings Per Container 12
Amount Per Serving
Calories 250 Calories from Fat 180
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20g 31%
Saturated Fat 10g 50%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 10mg 0%
Total Carbohydrate 25g 8%
Dietary Fiber 5g 20%
Protein 3g 6%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.