Peppermint Keto Oreos
WARNING: These are addicting! They resemble the seasonal Candy Cane flavor from Oreo, but also an Andes chocolate mint. These are so low in carbs and sugar, which makes them perfect for a keto diet(or any diet!)
Servings: 10 cookies
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil/soft butter
- 2 tablespoons monk fruit sweetener
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 4 tablespoons plain coconut butter softened
- 1 tablespoon monk fruit sweetener
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon beet root powder OR natural red food dye optional for the red color!)
For the Cookies
- Combine the coconut oil(or butter) with the monk fruit, baking soda and cocoa powder.
- Add in the egg and mix with a rubber spatula, this may look lumpy and separated(that's okay!) Add flours and mix, and it should now be a thick uniform dough.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove from fridge and put dough in between two large pieces of parchment paper(one on top and one on bottom) and pressing through the parchment, form dough into large rectangle.
- Roll the dough into a sheet ¼ inch in thickness and punch out 1-1½” circles.
- Bake for 40 mins at 275 degrees.
For the Filling
- With a rubber spatula, mix together the coconut butter, monk fruit, extract and coloring until combined
- Pull the cookies from the oven and let them cool completely.
- Spread about a teaspoon worth of filling on one cookie, and press another over it, creating a sandwich.
Serving Size 1 cookie
Servings Per Container 15
Amount Per Serving
Calories 70 Calories from Fat 63
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7g 11%
Saturated Fat 3g 15%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 10mg 3%
Sodium 45mg 2%
Total Carbohydrate 2g 1%
Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
Protein 1g 2%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.