Protein Vegan Almond Joy
Miss the candy after changing your diet? Don't worry...after one taste of these you definitely won't anymore! These will 100% hit the spot!
Servings: 8 bars
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot flour+1 tablespoon non-dairy milk
- 2 scoops vanilla vegan protein powder we used Aloha
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup whole almonds
- ½ cup Evolved Signature Dark chocolate melted
- Line a small baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine and stir the milk, sugar, and salt on medium heat until it reaches a simmer. Then lower the heat.
- In a small bowl, mix together the arrowroot flour and 1 tablespoon of non-dairy milk.
- Add the arrowroot flour-milk mixture to the simmering milk mixture and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat and add protein powder and coconut.
- Scoop the coconut mixture onto parchment paper and press the mixture into a 4x4 square that's about 1 inch thick.
- Let this coconut slab set in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Cut the slab into 8 rectangular servings. Press 2 almonds into each bar.
- Let set on parchment paper and enjoy!
Serving Size 1 bar
Servings Per Container 8
Amount Per Serving
Calories 194 Calories from Fat 117
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13g 20%
Saturated Fat 6g 30%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 194mg 8%
Total Carbohydrate 13g 4%
Dietary Fiber 4g 16%
Protein 6g 12%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.