Pumpkin & Spice Vegan/Paleo Cannolis
With each cannoli packed with flavors and spices, you'll want to make them all year long!
Cannoli Shell Ingredients:
- ⅓ cup cassava flour
- ¼ cup sugar cane sugar will make them extra crispy but maple/coconut sugar will work too!
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 egg or flax egg 1 tablespoon ground flax seed soaked in 3 tbsp water for 5 minutes
- ⅓ cup non dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil sub any fat
Pumpkin Cannoli Filling Ingredients:
- 1 cup cashews soaked in hot water for at least 30 mins(or overnight for better results
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup Pumpkin Spice Coconut Butter melted
- ¼ cup Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Spread
For the Cream:
- In food processor, puree soaked and drained cashews just until it is a chunky, grainy texture--similar to a ricotta cheese consistency.
- Pulse in syrup, spices and coconut butter just until combined. Do not over mix.
- Set in fridge while making the shells.
For the Shells:
- To start the shells, you will need a waffle cone iron.
- While it is preheating, start by whisking all the dry ingredients together.
- Then incorporate the wet ingredients. Whisk together until there are no lumps.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon's worth of the batter onto the waffle iron and keep closed for 2-3 minutes(waffle makers can vary, so you might need to play around with the time).
- When it is deep golden brown, peel it off the iron with tongs(be careful, it will be very hot) and wrap it around something cylindrical(a handle of a wooden spoon, thin rolling pin, etc) to make the traditional “cannoli” shape. *As it cools, it will harden and get crispy!
- Keep it wrapped on the object until it is cooled and hardened so it can hold its shape when taken off.
- Fill each cannoli shell with the prepared cannoli cream.
- Drizzle each cannoli with chocolate spread and enjoy!
- Enjoy right away or store in fridge in airtight container until ready to eat.
*We scooped our cannoli cream into a small ziplock bag a snipped a small corner off to make a piping bag to make filling the cannolis easier Difficulty Level: Hard
Serving Size 1
Servings Per Container 18
Amount Per Serving
Calories 125 Calories from Fat 81
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9g 14%
Saturated Fat 6g 30%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 5mg 0%
Total Carbohydrate 11g 4%
Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
Protein 2g 4%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.