Raspberry Truffle Red Velvet Cake Cups
Not only is this delicious, but you don't even need to turn on the oven! One minute and thirty seconds is all it takes!
Servings: 4 cups
Mug Cake Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons raspberry preserves
- 1 ½ tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- A few drops of natural red food dye *optional, but makes the red color more vibrant!
“Cream Cheese” Filling Ingredients:
- 1 can full fat coconut milk best if refrigerated overnight, or at least a few hours!
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Chocolate Cup Ingredients:
- 1 ½ cups dark chocolate melted
For the Mug Cake:
- In microwave safe mug, whisk together raspberry preserves, coconut oil, vanilla and egg.
- Now using a small rubber spatula, mix in cocoa powder, coconut flour, baking powder and salt.
- Once everything is mixed and all lumps are gone, add optional red food color, and scrape down sides of cup pushing all batter that may have gone up the sides, down to the bottom of the cup.
- Microwave for one minute and thirty seconds on the normal setting.
- Let cool down on counter while preparing the cup and filling.
For the “Cream Cheese” Filling:
- Scoop the coconut milk solids from top of can and discard the liquid.
- Whisk together with rest of ingredients and set back in fridge until later use.
For the Chocolate Cup:
- Take a wax lined cupcake liner OR silicone cupcake liner(this one works best and can be reused!) and spoon 2 tablespoons of melted chocolate into bottom.
- Swirl around, covering the entire cavity of the cupcake liner.
- Turn the cup over and shake out any excess chocolate that might “pool” on the bottom. Turn right side up again, and place on a flat surface. Transfer to fridge to set up.
- Flip cup upside down, releasing the cake from the mug.
- Cut 4 equal circles out of the cake. Then cut each circle in half, so each piece is two thinner circles.
- Press a circle in the bottom of a prepared chocolate cup. Top with 1 tbsp of the prepared coconut milk filling and then another circle.
- Finish each cup with another spoonful of chocolate, spreading it to the sides of the cup to “seal” it.
- Let set up in fridge for at least 15 minutes before enjoying!
Serving Size 1/2 cup
Servings Per Container 8
Amount Per Serving
Calories 345 Calories from Fat 225
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25g 38%
Saturated Fat 15g 75%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 25mg 8%
Sodium 45mg 2%
Total Carbohydrate 30g 10%
Dietary Fiber 10g 40%
Protein 5g 10%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.