Salted Caramel Stuffed Blondies
These are moist, gooey, caramel-y and flavorful with the perfect amount of crunch! Your paleo friends won't believe they're paleo, and your vegan friends won't believe they're vegan!!
Servings: 12 blondies
- 1/2 cup cashew butter can sub with grass fed butter for non-paleo option
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 flax eggs 2 tablespoons ground flax seed meal soaked in 6 tbsp water for 10 minutes
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup cassava flour
- 1 cup chopped dark chocolate
- ¼ cup coconut flakes
Salted Caramel Filling
- 1 can full fat coconut milk coconut milk solids scooped off the top, dispose of liquid
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp tapioca starch
- 1 tbsp water
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
- In a stand mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Scrape down sides and add egg, vanilla, and salt.
- Stop mixing, add rest of ingredients and mix again until a dough has formed. Set aside.
Salted Caramel Directions:
- Mix together coconut milk and maple syrup in a small saucepan on medium heat.
- In a small bowl, mix together tapioca starch and 1 tbsp water so there is no lumps.
- Pour into saucepan while mixing, you will see the coconut mixture thicken up.
- Let cook on medium-low heat for 20 minutes, mixing every so often.
- Once it has thickened and deepened in color, turn off stove and add salt.
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Press half the cookie dough mixture on the bottom of an 8”x 8” pan.
- Sprinkle walnuts over the top, then cover with salted caramel filling.
- Carefully press last half of cookie dough over that, and bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before cutting and enjoying!
Serving Size 1
Servings Per Container 12
Amount Per Serving
Calories 240 Calories from Fat 135
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15g 23%
Saturated Fat 7g 35%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 130mg 5%
Total Carbohydrate 25g 8%
Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
Protein 3g 6%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.