Simple Fruit Bombs
Don’t be startled by the fruit in the middle of each of these almond meal-dusted, chocolatey bombs. But a napkin or two sure won’t hurt!
Servings: 10 Truffles
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate
- 6 tablespoons coconut milk solids scooped from top of can. dispose of liquid
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk (we used so delicious unsweetened)
- 1 tablespoon room temp unsalted butter (we used earth balamce vegan butter)
- Ground nuts for dusting
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 20-30 blueberries
For the Chocolate Ganache:
- Line a small sheet tray with parchment paper and fill a small bowl with almond flour or meal. Set aside.
- Chop chocolate, place in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a small pot, add the coconut fat and coconut milk. Bring to boil and pour over the chopped chocolate. Let stand for 1 minute.
- Using a spatula, stir until completely smooth.
- Add the soft vegan butter while mixture is still warm and mix until completely combined. Then stir in the maple syrup.
- With a spoon, scoop out chocolate ganache in little portions onto a prepared sheet tray.
- Then place 2-3 blueberries into the center and spoon another small dollop of chocolate ganache on top of blueberries.
- Place in fridge uncovered for 10-20 minutes.
- Once out of the fridge, with gloved hands, take each chocolate blueberry portion individually into your hands and roll into a ball quickly (This is to prevent too much melting).
- Drop each ball into the bowl with the almond meal/flour and shake bowl until round in completely coated. Repeat for each.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container for up to a week. Enjoy!
Serving Size 1 Fruit Bomb
Servings Per Container 10
Amount Per Serving
Calories 167 Calories from Fat 144
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16g 25%
Saturated Fat 11g 55%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 1mg 0%
Total Carbohydrate 7g 2%
Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
Protein 1g 2%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.