Vegan and Paleo Cinnamon Toast Crunch
Oh my goooooodness, you might want to pinch yourself because you are not dreaming!YES, Cinnamon Toast Crunch CAN be paleo AND vegan; and YES it is EASY! These are a perfect sweet snack, or if you like your sugar in the morning, they go perfectly with a bowl, spoon and milk! Enjoy!!
Servings: 3 half-cups
- ⅓ cup cassava flour
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 flax egg 1 tablespoon ground flax seed soaked in 3 tablespoons water for 5 minutes*
- ⅓ cup non dairy milk we used coconut but any milk will work
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil sub any fat
Cinnamon Sugar Topping Ingredients
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
***You will need a waffle CONE iron.***
- While the waffle cone is preheating, start by whisking all the dry ingredients together before incorporating the wet ingredients into the batter. You want this batter to be thick but slightly runny, similar to pancake batter. If it seems too thick, add a tablespoon of water at a time until the right consistency is accomplished.
- Mix together the Cinnamon-Sugar Topping ingredients in a separate small bowl and set aside.
- Spoon about 2 tablepoons' worth of the batter onto the waffle iron and keep closed for 5 minutes (all waffle makers can vary so you might need to play around with the time.) You will know it is ready when it is golden brown and doesn't seem “gummy” in the center.
- When it is golden brown, peel it off the waffle iron with tongs and onto a chopping board, IMMEDIATELY cut into small squares (if you wait to until it is cooled to start cutting, it will get too crispy and break into shards).
- Once cut up, and toss the cereal pieces in a large bowl with the cinnamon-sugar mixture you made earlier.
- Let cool down completely before serving. Enjoy!
*For a non-vegan version of recipe, you can use 1 egg in place of the flax egg. Difficulty Level: Easy
Serving Size 1/2 cup
Servings Per Container 3
Amount Per Serving
Calories 328 Calories from Fat 99
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11g 17%
Saturated Fat 8g 40%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 28mg 1%
Total Carbohydrate 61g 20%
Dietary Fiber 3g 12%
Protein 1g 2%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.