Each of these hearty protein bars has 8 grams of protein to keep you full throughout the day. They’re packed with dried fruits, crunchy nuts and seeds, and a whole lot more!
Blueberry Apricot Protein Bar
Psst…want to know the secret to a high-quality protein bar? Just make your own! By doing this, you get to control the quantity and quality of each ingredient inside. Believe it or not, many store-bought protein bars have lackluster ingredients like high fructose corn syrup or fractionated palm kernel oil, as part of a list totaling 20 long in some cases.
Making a protein bar is actually pretty simple. This homemade version is no-bake as well. You can make the bars the night before and it’ll be ready for you in the fridge when you wake up the following morning. In a sense, it’s kind of like making overnight oats! For some of our other homemade bars, take a look at No Bake/Vegan/Paleo Salted Caramel Hazelnut Tahini Bars, Chocolate Peanut Butter Pretzel Bars or Cashew Cookie Bars.
First, line an 8” x 8” square baking pan with parchment paper and set aside. Using a spoon, mix all the ingredients except for the shredded coconut and chocolate in a large bowl until everything is evenly distributed amongst the mixture. A whisk isn’t going to work in this recipe because the dough is so thick, it’ll get stuck.
Scoop the mixture into the lined parchment pan and flatten it with the back of the spoon or a spatula. Make sure the mixture reaches the corner of the pan. At this point, you’ll want to top it with the coconut and melted chocolate. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until fully hardened before cutting them into bars. Enjoy!
Evolved Products You’ll Need
- Half of a 2.5 oz bar Evolved Signature Dark Chocolate
Vegan Blueberry Apricot Protein Bars
- 1 cup cashew butter
- ½ cup Turkish apricots chopped in very small pieces
- ½ cup organic dried blueberries
- 2 scoops Owyn Vanilla Protein Powder
- ½ cup puffed quinoa
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ⅓ cup uncooked oats
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ cup roasted unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ cup 72% Signature Dark Chocolate Bar melted for drizzle
- Line an 8” x 8” square baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix all the ingredients except the coconut flakes and chocolate in a large bowl with a spoon until everything is evenly distributed.
- Scoop the protein bar mixture into the pan and flatten with a spoon or spatula, making sure it reaches the corners of the pan.
- Top with coconut flakes and drizzle the melted chocolate over the top.
- Refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours before taking out and cutting into bars. Enjoy!