Vegan Chocolate Cake Pops
This vegan, paleo chocolate cake pop is rich and fudgy in the center, with a hard chocolatey exterior topped with chocolate flecks. It’s pretty much having a chocolate cake without a huge slice that always leaves you too full!
Servings: 10 cake pops
- Cake pop sticks
- Styrofoam or cardboard for placing the cake pops while they dry
- ½ cup cassava flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ cup non dairy milk
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup nut butter
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon non dairy milk
- 1¼ teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup melted 72% chocolate(like our Signature Dark bar)
- Small round sprinkles for garnish
For the Cake
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Whisk together all dry ingredients.
- Then add in the milk and coconut oil.
- Empty into a 9" greased cake pan and bake for 10 minutes. Let cake cool completely
For the Frosting
- While the cake is cooling, combine all frosting ingredients into a medium-sized bowl and mix until well incorporated
- Crumble the cake into the bowl with frosting in it.
- Mix until everything is combined.
- Roll into small, tight meatball-like shapes and place on a tray.
- Once all cake pops have been rolled out, let them sit in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Once the cake pops are set up, take a cake pop stick and dip it about a 1/4″ into melted chocolate.
- Place about halfway into the cake pop.
- Once all pops have been poked, place back in the freezer for 5 minutes to let the chocolate set up.
- Have your melted 72% chocolate ready and start to dip the cake pops into it.
- Shake off the excess chocolate and then stick it with the pop right side up into styrofoam or cardboard before it completely dries.
- Decorate with some small round sprinkles. Once set up, enjoy!
Difficulty Level: Medium