Vegan Chunky Monkey Ice Cream Sandwich
You can't get this from your neighborhood ice cream truck: ice cream marbled with cashew butter, chocolate, and bananas that’s surrounded by graham crackers. It’s rich, creamy, and downright addicting!
Servings: 6 sandwiches
- One 3"x 5" baking pan lined with parchment paper
Chunky Monkey Ice Cream Ingredients
- 2 ripe bananas
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 1 can coconut milk solids plus the liquid we used the Thai Kitchen brand
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1½ Evolved Signature Dark Chocolate Bars chopped into ¼" pieces
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cashew butter microwaved for 30 seconds
Graham Cracker Ingredients
- ½ cup cashew butter
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 flax egg in a small bowl, place 1 tablespoon of flax meal and mix with 3 tablespoons water. Let soak for 5 minutes.
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup cassava flour
For the Chunky Monkey Ice Cream
- Place all the ingredients, except the cashew butter and chocolate pieces, into a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour ½ of the chocolate ice cream mixture into the baking pan.
- Next, sprinkle ¼ cup of the chocolate pieces over the ice cream.
- Then pour 2 tablespoons of (microwaved) cashew butter over the chocolate and ice cream layer.
- Pour the rest of the ice cream mixture over the cashew butter, add the remaining chocolate pieces, and cashew butter.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- Take out of the freezer, let it sit on the countertop to defrost 5-10 minutes before slicing. Add a couple of graham crackers to make an ice cream sandwich. Enjoy!
Graham Cracker Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Beat together the cashew butter and coconut sugar with an electric hand mixer.
- Once fluffy and light in color, stop mixing, scrape down the sides and add the flax egg.
- Beat again until the flax egg is combined, then add the rest of the dry ingredients.
- Once a thick dough ball is formed, scoop onto a large piece of parchment paper and press into a rectangle shape.
- Place another large piece of parchment paper over that, and with a rolling pin, roll into a thin rectangular sheet (about 10”x 7”), about ¼" thick.
- Cut into a grid pattern, 3 lines across horizontally and 5 lines vertically, making 15 squares. With a fork, poke holes into the tops of each one.
- Transfer graham crackers to a large cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, then let cool completely. Use 2 crackers to make an ice cream sandwich and enjoy!
Serving Size 1 sandwich
Servings Per Container 6
Amount Per Serving
Calories 415 Calories from Fat 225
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25g 38%
Saturated Fat 9g 45%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 132mg 6%
Total Carbohydrate 46g 15%
Dietary Fiber 7g 28%
Protein 8g 16%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.