Vegan/Paleo Banana Bread Cookie Sandwiches
At first, we were going to just stop at the banana bread cookies...but then we realized we can make it over the top if we filled them and turned it into a sandwich. Needless to say, they are EPIC. Feel free to get creative with the fillings and have fun with it!
Servings: 8 sandwiches
Banana Bread Cookie Ingredients:
- 1 banana mashed
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar could vary depending on sweetness of banana
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup arrowroot flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ cup finely chopped dark chocolate chunks
- ½ cup peanut butter can use any nut butter to keep paleo
- 2 tablespoons melted dark chocolate
Banana Bread Cookie Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Mix all ingredients together in medium sized bowl.
- Scoop the batter into round circles on a cookie sheet and bake for 13 minutes.
- Let cool completely while making filling.
- Mix together peanut butter and melted chocolate.
- *NOTE: If this seems runny, place in fridge until it thickens up. All peanut butters have different consistencies-the thicker the better!
- Spread 2 tablespoons of filling over one cookie bottom, sandwich with another cookie.
Serving Size 1 sandwich
Servings Per Container 8 sandwiches
Amount Per Serving
Calories 153 Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10g 15%
Saturated Fat 2g 10%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 198mg 8%
Total Carbohydrate 15g 5%
Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
Protein 4g 8%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.