Caramel Latte Cookies
Each coffee-infused cookie is stuffed with thick salted caramel and gooey melted chocolate. The taste is simply UNREAL!
Servings: 10 cookies
Salted Caramel Filling Ingredients
- 1 can full fat coconut milk, coconut milk solids scooped off the top save liquid for another recipe
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups almond flour
- 4 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 6 tablespoons instant coffee powder
- 2 eggs can sub for 4 flax eggs
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil melted
- ½ cup chopped Evolved Signature Dark chocolate chunks
For the Salted Caramel Filling
Mix together coconut milk solids and maple syrup in a small saucepan on medium heat.
In a small bowl, mix together tapioca starch and water so that there are no lumps.
Pour into saucepan while mixing. You will see the coconut mixture thicken up.
Let cook on medium-low heat for 20 minutes, mixing every so often.
Once it has thickened and deepened in color, turn off the stove. Transfer to a shallow bowl and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Best if stored in the fridge overnight.
For the Cookies
Preheat oven to 350℉.
Whisk together all dry ingredients.
Then whisk in eggs and oil. After that, switch to using a rubber spatula to finish mixing.
Scoop cookie dough into 1” mounds.
Press thumb into the center of each mound and fill the indented center with a small mound of cold salted caramel filling.
Re-roll the mounds into balls and press chocolate chunks onto the tops. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
Let cool for 5 minutes before enjoying!