French Toast Muffins
These muffins had their humble beginnings when they were once part of a bread loaf. The fact these muffins are made from actual baked bread really brings the authenticity of the French toast bit to a whole new level!
Servings: 6 Muffins
Keto Bread Loaf Ingredients *Makes one 5” Loaf*
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 3 eggs for vegan option, could use 2 chia eggs or 3 flax eggs
- ¼ cup melted unsalted butter could use vegan butter, any nut butter or coconut butter
- Pinch of kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 Keto Bread Loaf cut into small cubes
- 2 eggs for vegan option can use 3 flax eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar could also use stevia or ½ tsp granulated monk fruit sweetener
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the Keto Bread Loaf
Preheat oven to 350’F and grease a 5” loaf pan with melted coconut oil.
In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs and melted unsalted butter.
Add the coconut flour, then whisk well. Next, add the salt, baking powder and xanthan gum. Whisk well.
Pour dough into a prepared 5” loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes. Let cool completely before cutting.
For the Muffins
Preheat oven to 350’F and line a muffin or cupcake tin.
With coconut nonstick spray, spritz each liner.
Whisk together eggs, vanilla, coconut milk, coconut sugar, and cinnamon. Add to cut bread pieces and toss together.
Spoon wet mixture into each muffin liner filling generously and sprinkle some cinnamon on top of each muffin.
Bake for 20 minutes. Serve warm with butter and maple syrup.