Replenish yourself after a hard gym sesh with these protein bites infused with a hint of rum extract and stuffed with moist raisins, all coated on the outside with crisp coconut flakes. With 4 grams of protein each, this no-bake, easy-to-make recipe will get you back up and rumming (er, we mean running)!
Protein Rum Raisin Bites
Picture this: you’ve just completed an intense workout and now you want to refuel your body (hopefully) with some protein. Whatcha gonna pick? A smoothie that isn’t going to keep you satisfied for very long or some protein bar made with 20 different ingredients? Neither of these is usually vegan, so that’s why we developed these protein bites. They’re so delectable, your fellow gym buddies just might ask you for the recipe!
But of all the flavors out there, why rum raisin? It’s a classic and not just around the holidays. Fun fact: raisins and alcohol have been paired in desserts for centuries but it actually wasn’t until the 1980s that Haagen-Dazs introduced Americans to rum raisin ice cream. The world was never the same after that. For similar recipes, take a peek at our Thanos Acai Portein Balls, Vegan No-Bake Peanut Butter Crunch Balls, or Vegan/Paleo Avocado Truffles.
This recipe is so straight
Next, measure out each tablespoon of dough and roll it between your hands to form spheres. After that, roll them in coconut flakes and place in the freezer for 10-15 minutes. Voila! You now have homemade protein bites you can take with you to the gym.
Rum Raisin Protein Balls
- 3 tbsp cashews finely chopped
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup Owyn Vanilla Protein Powder
- ¼ cup raisins
- ½ tsp Cook's brand rum extract
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ cup cashew butter
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup shredded coconut flakes
- In a medium-size bowl, thoroughly mix the cashews, coconut flour, vanilla protein powder, raisins, rum extract, cinnamon, cashew butter, and maple syrup until you achieve a thick dough.
- With the palm of your hands, roll each tablespoon of dough into spheres.
- Roll each bite in shredded coconut.
- Freeze for 10-15 minutes before serving.